Having been out of the Army now for almost 8 years, I have packed on some weight. My highest weight was 250 lbs about 2 years ago. Now I generally weigh anywhere from 204 to 210. This weight has caused lower back pain, knee pain, and just a general feeling like shit all the time.
I have two major causes for this weight, the first is the massive consumption of Mountain Dew soft drinks. I would drink 12+ per day and that just isn't good. The second is my eating habit. Its partly due to what I eat which is a lot of junk food but mostly due to how I eat, once a day. That isn't good either because your body stores the food in fat because it doesn't know when you'll eat again.
Since January 1 2012 I have been weighing myself daily and charting it on graph paper. I have also been trying to cut back on sodas and trying to eat more frequently with healthier foods (like bananas) as snacks. The first thing I've noticed is that the first half of the month my weight was all over the chart, bouncing from low to high...203-210 and everything in between. After the first 2 weeks though my weight has started to level out between 204-206. I contribute this to cutting back on the soda as I've only been drinking 2-3 per day.
I will also be trying to eat better and get a little more exercise in the future. I don't like feeling lethargic all the time and I don't like being fat. It's hypocritical to make fun of fat people when you are also fat and I don't want to be a hypocrite :)

No comments:
Post a Comment