Last week we were bidding on routes for the next year. This is my first time doing this and I never realized how stressful it was. I couldn't sleep worth a damn all last week and the stress caused my eczema to flair up worse than ever.
I was the 64th to pick out of 65 drivers so I was really surprised when my first 2 picks were available. They both show as paying $500 and there's no Walgreens on either of them.
My third pick however wasn't good. I wanted a load that went out on Tuesday and when I called the latest updates it reported that there were several loads on Tuesday still available that would fit with my Wednesday load so I was kind of excited. When I called in to place my bid, the guy told me that there was only 1 Tuesday load available and it wouldn't work with my Wed. load. He said there was still 2 Monday loads left and I looked at my route book to see these loads...uggg! Both were horrible. They didn't pay much and they would take 20+ hours to complete but I didn't have a choice...or so I thought.
When I came in Thur. night for my load, I picked up the updated print out of the loads picked and I studied it and realized that there were still 2 loads available on Tue. that would work with my Wed. load. I talked to our manager and then we went to see the guy who is running the bid process. He remembered telling me there was only one load available on Tue. and it wouldn't work with my other load but he also added that there were 2 other loads, either would work for me. I told him I wanted to swap the Mon. load for one of the Tue. loads. The trans manager nodded his head in approval and the switch was made.
The Tue. load I got isn't the greatest but it's on the day I wanted plus it pays better than the one I thought I was getting stuck with.
I am happy now because I got 3 good paying loads for the week and a schedule I am happy with. Oh, and I have finally been able to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment