Saturday, February 18, 2012

More bad luck

Apparently my bad luck didn't stop with my truck breaking down twice last weekend and having a tooth pulled Monday morning.

As I was driving back from the Keys Thursday I needed to make a pit stop at the service plaza, everything seemed normal. Once I got back to the yard I had to bee-line straight to the bathroom...not so normal.

I stopped at the store to buy something for dinner and while at the store, I started to feel very weak and hands start shaking. I knew this wasn't good but I pressed on.

I got home and went straight to the bathroom again. I kinda felt normal after that and continued cooking dinner. The wife and I ate (she called in sick to work Thursday night because of an infection) and I went down hill rapidly.

I started burning up with fever then I would be freezing and then cold sweats. This cycle was constantly repeated. Dinner came back up. I tried taking pepto bismo and it came back up. Even water at first wouldn't stay down.

For the rest of Thursday night and all day Friday, I was passed out on the couch, only waking up to go to the bathroom. I woke up this morning without feeling any better and decided to call in sick to work.

Now, I feel marginally better. Fever gone and no vomiting but still the semi-frequent trip to the bathroom although there is nothing to come out.

I've started eating crackers and so far so good. The wife is going to bring jello and Gatorade home when she gets off work. I've lost 11 lbs since Thursday and I'm sure it's mostly due to dehydration.

No pics to show on this post as I'm sure you wouldn't want to see them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment